St. Joseph’s Home provides care for the elderly based on love and respect.
The staff of St. Joseph’s Home aim to provide the highest quality of evidence based care in a friendly, caring environment. Our philosophy of care is centred on compassion, kindness, respect, efficiency and effectiveness. We are committed to protecting our resident’s welfare and safety. We encourage and promote independence while maintaining resident’s privacy and dignity at all times.
- We maintain a full professional and dedicated team of staff 24 hours a day.
- Our registered Nurses provide assessment and supervision necessary to ensurethat each resident attains the highest level of physical well-being.
- Administration of Medication and treatment are carried out in accordance with Doctors orders.
- On-gong staff education is continually provided to update the quality of success.
- Working alongside our Nursing staff, we have equally dedicated and caring Health Care Assistants, Catering and Housekeeping Staff.
- A Doctor is on call 24 hours a day.
Many of our residents find spiritual care increasingly important to them at this stage of their lives. This is why St. Joseph’s Home offers a beautiful full size chapel for services and receiving the Sacraments.
- Chapel available 24 Hours
- Mass in the Chapel on Tuesday Wednesday and Sunday and on various occasions.
- Eucharist service daily.
- The Chapel is open to all denominations, services for any other religion will be arranged on request.
- The Chiropodist, Hairdresser, and the Barber call on a regular basis, the Optician, Physiotherapist, and Dentist by appointment.
- Laundry is carried out in the Home.
- There is a regular shopping service for individual requirements.
- Arts and crafts
- Card playing
- Reading the newspaper
- Sing songs / Dance / Ballgames
- Chair exercises / Walks in the grounds
- Reflexology / Dog Therapy / Baking / Gardening
- The Staff of St. Joseph’s realise that mealtimes are one of the most important social interactions in a resident’s day.
- Great care is taken to provide healthy, attractive and balanced diet.
- All meal are served in a relaxed atmosphere in a bright and spacious Dining Room, but those who wish may dine in a smaller area or in their rooms.